Drip IV therapy is a treatment that utilizes an intravenous drip to introduce vital electrolytes, vitamins, minerals, and amino acids directly and immediately into the body.
While it’s often referred to as “hydration therapy,” it’s a lot more than just an infusion of hydration. We offer various vitamin therapies as well as straight hydration, minerals, and electrolytes.
IV therapy can be beneficial for many different people for different reasons. Two of the main benefits for anyone who wants to try IV therapy include:
- Ease and convenience: If you are feeling under the weather, you probably don’t want to head to the hospital or your doctor’s office unless necessary. For many common symptoms, IV therapy is an easy and convenient option — you don’t even have to leave your own home. Concierge services, like Mobile IV Medics, come to you. Pick a comfortable spot, and we will do the rest. The insertion of the IV is relatively painless, just a small pinch. After it is inserted, you should feel minimal discomfort. The IV drip will do its job while you watch TV, read or work on your device.
- Health and wellness: For the most part, IV therapy is used to promote health and wellness. The infusion of fluids, vitamins and minerals can help support a healthy immune system, promote healthy skin and keep you hydrated. The right balance of vitamins and minerals in the body can also help improve your energy levels.
So, what is IV therapy used for? Generally, the main types of IV therapy are:
- Hangover relief: After overindulging during a night out, you might wake up feeling awful. A dry mouth, pounding headache, upset digestive system and desire to keep the shades drawn are all telltale signs of a hangover. A bad hangover can make it hard to concentrate and ruin your entire day. IV therapy is an effective way to find relief that replaces the last-ditch efforts of chugging a glass of water or a cup of coffee with an over-the-counter pain killer and going back to bed. A hangover IV bag includes fluids to rehydrate the body, vitamins to help improve your energy levels and medication to reduce the painful symptoms of nausea, heartburn and headache.
- Athletic performance recovery: Your body may feel drained and sore after an intense workout. Whether you ran a marathon or hit the gym for a lifting session, your body could use a boost. IV therapy helps athletes recover following periods of exertion. Recovery IV drip therapy includes numerous components designed to support athletes during the recovery period. Fluids help you rehydrate, while vitamins, antioxidants and amino acids boost your energy levels and help your body repair any tissue damage.
- Immune system support: The immune system fights off infection and keeps the body healthy, but we can still get sick. Whether you are worried about getting sick — especially during cold and flu season — or you’ve caught a bug, IV therapy can help support your immune system. IV therapy for immune system support includes a number of vitamins and minerals to naturally boost the immune system to expedite recovery and reduce the chances of you catching a bug.
- Cold and Flu relief: If you find yourself knocked down by the symptoms of the cold or flu, IV therapy can offer relief. A cold and flu IV drip helps keep you hydrated. It also has vitamins and minerals to help your immune system do its job and kick the bug. Plus, anti-inflammatory and anti-nausea medications help to relieve the uncomfortable cold and flu symptoms, such as coughing, body aches, headache and fever.
- Pregnancy symptom alleviation: Morning sickness is a common experience during pregnancy that consists of symptoms like an upset stomach or vomiting. The symptoms are often triggered by different environmental factors, such as certain smells, tastes or room temperatures or simply nothing at all. While these symptoms typically subside as the pregnancy progresses, they can be uncomfortable and disruptive to your daily life. IV therapy for morning sickness includes fluids for hydration, as well as vitamins and medication to help manage nausea and vomiting.
- Migraine and headache relief: Migraines and headaches can be debilitating. The exact cause of these conditions isn’t always clear, but common triggers include stress, diet, environment and certain medications. We can learn our triggers and try to avoid them, but migraines and headaches can still sneak up on us. If you are looking for relief, IV therapy for migraines and headaches includes vitamins and medication to mitigate your painful symptoms. If you experience nausea with your migraines, we can supplement the IV therapy package with anti-nausea medication.
How Long Does IV Therapy Take and How Long Do the Effects Last?
IV therapy drips amino acids, vitamins, minerals and fluids at a controlled rate. Once you are connected to the IV, which is usually a quick and simple process, the duration of the therapy will depend on why you are undergoing IV therapy. The average IV treatment for us lasts 45 minutes to an hour.
How quickly will you feel the effects of the IV drip? Again, the answer depends on why you are undergoing IV therapy. In some cases, you may feel the effects almost immediately. For instance, our Hydration Package refreshes and energizes as soon as the fluid reaches your bloodstream. In other cases, it may take more time. The effects can last for up to a few days after completing the procedure, depending on a number of different factors like the type of IV package, your hydration level and your body’s natural metabolic rate.